Gunpla masking for dummies part 1
February 11, 2008 by Keith
Not sure how actual masking is done, so I juz use which ever I think is good. So thought I should just share my
lazy easy method 🙂
1) check the piece that you want to mask
2) Take a piece of scotch tape and paste over the area you wan to paint.
3) use a toothpick to rub through the whole scotch tape, removing any airbubble
4) use a pen knife and cut at the area u want to paint, mainly along the panel lines.
5) After cutting, remove the cut portion
6) Finish off by pasting more tapes on the rest of the gunpla piece.
Now its ready to be painted 😀
7) Peel off all the tapes after the paint have dried.
Another Example.. the following piece have been masked
After spraying, Remove the scotch tapes… tada, nicely done 😀
This is just my way of doing it, maybe there are even easier way to do it. Do let me know 🙂